Friday, August 21, 2009

My House

I just wanted to start my design blogging off with showing people my house. I live in a very ordinary home, really no extra bells and whistles. We started from scratch when we moved in, it was an empty slate on the outside and inside. I have started on it and will show in posts what I have done so far and I will record what I am working on as time goes by. It is a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home. We have a living room in addition to our open family/kitchen area and an open office when you walk up the stairs to the second floor. The 4 bedrooms are the master, spare bedroom for company, my daughter Brooklyn's nursery who will be 1 in 2 days and our baby on the way's nursery. Like I said earlier, a few rooms are pretty much done: family/kitchen area, Brooklyn's room and partially the spare bedroom. I have lots of things to post about and I will use pictures from these rooms as examples. I will also use other people's homes like family or neighbor's to show examples that maybe I don't have in my home. I look forward to sharing my design adventure with others, it truly is a passion of mine, and I will definitely give advice or design tips along the way..... maybe address some common design don'ts that people often do :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love to look at pretty things! I am so excited to see pictures of all your awesome decorating skills!
    Here's my problem....I can get the main idea together and get it all together but the finishing touches that finish off the look is what I have problems with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails