Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kenidi's Nursery Inspiration

For those of you who don't know, I am expecting my second daughter in about 3 weeks and haven't even started on her nursery yet.

A while back I posted this picture as my Inspiration Piece for her nursery, but
I tried and tried to find fabric that would coordinate with this and bring in the teal and I couldn't find anything really at all.

After looking around and seeing what there was out there, I sat down and cut out some paint chips and came up with another color scheme.

These are the colors that I pulled out and I thought they would be kind of fun and different to do. I want this room to be very cute but I don't want it "girly" with pink and purple.

Yesterday I was running errands with my husband and we drove by a Joann Fabric Store and I told him to pull over and let me go look at fabric's really quick to see if I could find something for Kenidi's nursery.

I told him I would be quick but I ended up finding some fabrics that I was in love with. We had to run to meet someone really quick and I told him that we had to go back and he had to let me know if he liked them.

Of course he didn't really care but he let me get the fabrics to start on a quilt for her.

And here is what I got!
I am still going to use the brown bedskirt that my mother-in-law made and I am going to put some beadboard on the walls and then I found these fabrics that unconsciously have all of the colors from the paint chips in them. I honestly didn't even think of the paint chips when picking these fabrics out, I just loved them and could picture how darling the room would be.
I wasn't planning on having the green in the combination but when I got playing around with different fabric combos I just loved the green and thought that the green polka dot was much cuter than the teal one I found.

I am going to take these fabrics and make a large rag quilt that can be made into a comforter when she has her crib into a toddler bed.
Here is the picture with the fabrics and the paint chips. The paint chips aren't exactly the same colors as the fabric but they are pretty darn close.

I am only going to put beadboard about 3/4 of the way up in the room so I need to figure out what color to paint the top 1/3 of the room.

Maybe I will have to have a vote on it. There are so many great colors to choose from and I am not sure what direction to go.

I am SO EXCITED that I found these fabrics and am completely in love with the direction that this room is going.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through somewhere else. Love the colors you have chosen for the nursery. Good luck with getting things ready for the new baby. How exciting!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails