Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What NOT to do!!!!

On the glazing video clip I made, I mention to not stop once you have started a room or the section you are doing. Last saturday I decided to glaze my bedroom, I went and bought some more stain because I new I was low, but I didn't think that I needed that much extra so I bought a small container...... Well.... I ran COMPLETELY out! I thought I could make it to the corner and I couldn't. I was scraping the bottom trying and this is what happened!
Here is a picture with no flash. The particles or fillaments were on the bottom and it made it super dark, so when it came to trying to blend it together, there was no way to make it look good. I am so bummed!
Here it is with a flash. It is amazing how bad it is. James and I have decided that from those corners you see in the picture, we are going to repaint and then just reglaze that section. I didn't do it on purpose, but I told everyone not to do it and then it happened to me the next day. If you notice you are getting low, stop in a corner and wait until you can get more stain. Blending in a corner isn't as nearly noticable as in the middle of a wall!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that happened to you! But still kind of funny since you had just posted about it haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails